Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving!!

Well, The Becks had a pretty big weekend this Thanksgiving...we partied it up in true Beck Style, as usual: a little home improvement, hanging out with the fam in SB, some site seeing with the Little Guy and topped it off with a wedding and a brand new addition to the Beck Fam (as well as possibly the coolest sister-in-law a girl could ask for)...all in all, we had a pretty great time!!

Here's Judah smelling one of his dad's plumerias fresh out of the greenhouse..

This is the new accent wall we painted this past week during Jared's time off from work....poor guy never seems to get a vacation even when he's on vacation. But, he did finally fulfill my dream of the past three years....adding some color to this house.

Most of the Becks hanging out (Mama Beck being in the kitchen slaving away to feed us all for Thanksgiving Dinner...

Pauline planned a "Bridal Shower" for our new sister-in-law, Kris, on Thanksgiving night after dinner. Poor Kris had no idea what she was in for. The games included Kris having to whip up a cake from scratch with out a recipe. She had to wing it and she didn't do terribly...I think it was something like two eggs, a tablespoonful of sugar and a cup of flour. It ended up like a sweet omelette/pancake like thing.


The festivies also included the boys dressing up Danny in wedding attire using toilet paper and the girls dressing up Kris. All in all, it was a White Trash Beck Bash not to be forgotten. Welcome to the family, Kris!!




Friday we walked out to the Pier with Uncle John Paul (or Pop-O, as Judah likes to call him). Can't beat Santa Barbara weather...day after Thanksgiving and 70 degrees.

We took Judah to the Train Museum in Santa Barbara. He is completely addicted to Thomas the Train and I think a bit surprised to see that real trains are much bigger than his toy trains.


Later we went for a walk out to the bluffs at Naples Beach in SB with some friends. Here's the view from the bluffs...

Full moon rising on one side...


Sun setting on the other...


Two of the most beautiful men in the world!



Kyle and Susie (getting married December 30th!!)


Saturday Danny and Kris got married at Scott's church - Ojai Presbyterian - and then had a reception at the Ojai Valley Inn. Here's Dan before the wedding...

And Grampa John...


And Judah and mommy after the wedding...

And here's Judah on my windshield hamming it up for the camera on our way home from Santa Barbara. We had a great time this Thanksgiving! The wedding was amazing, the food at the reception was awesome (lobster and filet mignon) and Kris was SO beautiful. I'm so bummed that we didn't get any personal photos of the two of them together, but we'll be getting copies (I hope) from the professional photos that were taken and I'll post then. Kris' dress was SO gorgeous - white and black toile with beautiful black sash...and with her black hair and porcelain skin she looked STUNNING! Will post more when I get them...


3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yea! great pictures. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Your newly painted wall is beautiful. I can just picture how it changes the rest of the room, and how much it fits you. MIss you guys. Love~

Brandy said...

Wow, I haven't checked in on you in a while and when I do, I've missed all the new posts! I seriously thnk Judah is THE most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. Quite the looker that kid. Kim you look beautiful and the same as you always have. Glad to hear that the fires didn't affect you too severely. Love you Kim!!

Brandy said...

One day, I'll learn to proof-read and spell check BEFORE publishing my comment! Sorry about all the typos.