Jared and JD got some work done on the landscaping of their new house, but not much. We were too busy fighting the flu and the weather! The first few days were wonderful and warm and I was reconsidering moving back to the South...then Wednesday hit and it was about 38 degrees and raining and MAN, was it a bitter cold. I have since renewed my vow to live on the West Coast until I die. ha ha!
I got to see one of my best friends, Christi Henry, aka Cherry, while we were in Charlotte. Coincidentally, Cherry lives just down the road from JD and Deanna. We got some girlie time out - Cherry took me out to dinner and good times were had! Here's a great pic of the two of us after dinner.
Here are some cute pics of Judah and Rachel at the Botanical Gardens we went to at UNC Charlotte. Jared was, of course, in heaven with all the plants. Look how beautiful and peaceful Rachel looks...reminds me of her mommy!
I also got the chance to see my best friend from highschool, Andrea, and her family, Morris, Tyler and LoriAnne. We all had a great time at Cracker Barrel eating fried okra and "chicken fried chicken fried" as Jared liked to call it. Here is a great video of all of us at CB. Man! Gotta love that place! We attempted to make it down to GA, but the stomach flu had other plans for us, so Andrea and Morris came up to visit us when we were feeling better.
If you're wondering what Morris said at the end, he said he saw a bumper sticker that said "Hike naked...it adds color to your cheeks!" Jared needs that bumper sticker! ha ha!
Here's a great picture of Jared, but really we took this to get a shot of the mullet sitting at the bottom center of the pic. Jared was all excited to see a live specimen of a mullet wearing individual...we don't get a lot of mullets out this way. It's the little things...right?
Deanna and JD were troopers to put up with the Becks, not to mention the Becks with the stomach flu. After Judah took out Deanna's white couch with about three consecutive vomiting attacks, Deanna may be rethinking the white couch thing! ;) Deanna was such a help to us...watching Judah when I was sick, cleaning up Judah when I was sick, doing our laundry when I was sick, basically waiting on us hand and foot. Thank you, D! We desperately needed your help and you did it all with a smile on your face!!
All in all, we had a good trip and got to spend some time with some great friends! Thanks for the free tix, JD!!
2 comments:
I was just on your website yesterday. You and the fam look great as usual. Judah is so cute- he really does look like a miniature of your dad. Some day Scott and I are going to make it out there to see y'all.
Hey, Kim. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family. You have a very nice blog. You haven't changed a bit since we had that wretched class with that little weasel at North Georgia.
Post a Comment